Understanding Reverse is released each year with fresh updates and edits as the reverse mortgage industry changes. While the book still answers the most common questions from consumers, it has also become the go-to handbook for the mortgage industry.
"Understanding Reverse is an indispensable tool for anyone in the reverse mortgage business or coming into the reverse mortgage industry. It is required reading for any new associate joining our law firm who will work on reverse mortgage issues. Dan’s understanding and commitment to the reverse mortgage industry is beyond compare!”
James M. Milano, LL.M, JD, Member
Weiner Brodsky Kider PC
"Understanding Reverse is the most comprehensive guide to reverse mortgages out there today. Dan Hultquist skillfully breaks down the details of this nuanced loan product to help consumers and professionals fully comprehend the benefits of the loan. If you want to learn about this product, this is a must-read."
Jessica Guerin, Editor
“A reverse mortgage can be a useful tool in a personal financial plan for many retirees, but it is often overlooked. Much of that is due to misunderstanding. Dan Hultquist, a very knowledgeable reverse mortgage professional and trainer, understands the utility and mechanics of reverse mortgages and explains them well."
Peter H. Bell, CEO
National Reverse Mortgage Lenders Association
“Baby boomer retirees need to unlock the full potential of their home equity in retirement, and reverse mortgages can be that tool. In this book, Dan Hultquist expertly breaks down the functions and internal workings of reverse mortgages in a way that can help Americans properly utilize home equity to achieve more successful retirement outcomes.”
Jamie Hopkins, Director of Retirement Research
Carson Wealth Management Group
Bryn Mawr, PA
NEW 2020 Updates:
In all, the 2020 edition contains over 50 changes to make this edition the cleanest, easiest-to-read explanation of the reverse mortgage since this project began in late 2013. Here are a few:
- New chapter – What is necessary to PAY OFF a HECM?
- Expanded PLF Tables to allow for wider range of expected interest rates
- Updated HECM limits for 2020
- Updated language related to condominiums
Here is what the press is saying about the book:
- “Understanding Reverse” 2019 Refresh Accounts For New Business Realities
- Retirement Living Information Center
- Updated Reverse Mortgage Book Breaks Down New Landscape
- New Book is Guide to All Things Reverse Mortgages
- New Book Answers Most Common Reverse Mortgage Questions
- New Book Explores Reverse Mortgage Issues
- New Book Released to Boost Understanding of Reverse Mortgages
- NRMLA Reverse Mortgage Magazine – Special Book Review
- NRMLA Reverse Mortgage Magazine – A New Book on HECMs