There are four books available through this site, including Understanding Reverse – 2022, and a series of books under the name Reverse Mortgages Made Simple.
Understanding Reverse – 2022
Understanding Reverse is released each year with fresh updates and edits as the reverse mortgage industry changes. This book answers the most common questions from consumers, but it has also become the go-to handbook for the reverse mortgage industry.
The 2022 edition contains over 58 changes to make this edition the cleanest, easiest-to-read explanation of the reverse mortgage since this project began in 2013. Here are a few updates:
- New chapter – What are the CREDIT REQUIREMENTS?
- Updated HECM limits for 2022
- Updated language related to rates and rate indices
Reverse Mortgages Made Simple
All three books in this series are short and easy to read. Each book has a different focus, and answers the top 20 questions related to that topic.
“Dan Hultquist has created an excellent resource for those
seeking an unbiased view about how reverse mortgages work
and the role they can play within a well-coordinated financial
plan. By organizing his discussion as a series of questions and
answers and citing relevant program rules, readers are able to
better understand the details and work through the available
options for this important retirement planning tool.”
Wade Pfau, Professor of Retirement Income
The American College of Financial Services and Author of the Retirement Planning Guidebook
King of Prussia, PA
"Understanding Reverse is an indispensable tool for anyone in the reverse mortgage business or coming into the reverse mortgage industry. It is required reading for any new associate joining our law firm who will work on reverse mortgage issues. Dan’s understanding and commitment to the reverse mortgage industry is beyond compare!”
James M. Milano, LL.M, JD, Member
Weiner Brodsky Kider PC
"Understanding Reverse is the most comprehensive guide to reverse mortgages out there today. Dan Hultquist skillfully breaks down the details of this nuanced loan product to help consumers and professionals fully comprehend the benefits of the loan. If you want to learn about this product, this is a must-read."
Jessica Guerin, Editor
“When I began working as a reporter covering the reverse mortgage industry, I had a very specific need to absorb as much granular, accurate information as possible. Understanding Reverse was pivotal in expanding my understanding of the product then, and still stands as a vital reference guide years later. If you're looking for a book that accurately fulfills the promise of its title, this is it."
Chris Clow, Editor
Reverse Mortgage Daily
“Baby boomer retirees need to unlock the full potential of their home equity in retirement, and reverse mortgages can be that tool. In this book, Dan Hultquist expertly breaks down the functions and internal workings of reverse mortgages in a way that can help Americans properly utilize home equity to achieve more successful retirement outcomes.”
Jamie Hopkins, Director of Retirement Research
Carson Wealth Management Group
Bryn Mawr, PA
Here is what the press is saying:
- ‘Understanding Reverse’ 2021 Update Aims to Ease Reverse Mortgage Education
- Reverse Mortgage Education Comes to Amazon’s Audible Platform
- “Understanding Reverse” 2019 Refresh Accounts For New Business Realities
- Retirement Living Information Center
- Updated Reverse Mortgage Book Breaks Down New Landscape
- New Book is Guide to All Things Reverse Mortgages
- New Book Answers Most Common Reverse Mortgage Questions
- New Book Explores Reverse Mortgage Issues
- New Book Released to Boost Understanding of Reverse Mortgages
- NRMLA Reverse Mortgage Magazine – Special Book Review
- NRMLA Reverse Mortgage Magazine – A New Book on HECMs